Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Your Miracle

1The power of the LORD came over me. The LORD brought me out by his Spirit and put me down in the middle of a valley. The valley was filled with bones. 2He led me all around them. I saw that there were very many bones at the bottom of the valley, and they were very dry. 3Then he asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" I answered, "Only you know, Almighty LORD."4Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones. Tell them, 'Dry bones, listen to the word of the LORD. 5This is what the Almighty LORD says to these bones: I will cause breath to enter you, and you will live. 6I will put ligaments on you, place muscles on you, and cover you with skin. I will put breath in you, and you will live. Then you will know that I am the LORD.'"7So I prophesied as I was commanded. While I was prophesying, suddenly there was a rattling noise, and the bones came together, one bone [attaching itself] to another. 8As I looked, I saw that ligaments were on them, muscles were on them, and skin covered them. Yet, there was no breath in them. 9Then the LORD said to me, "Prophesy to the breath! Prophesy, son of man. Tell the breath, 'This is what the Almighty LORD says: Come from the four winds, Breath, and breathe on these people who were killed so that they will live.' " 10So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath entered them. Then they came to life and stood on their feet. There were enough of them to form a very large army.11The LORD also said to me, "Son of man, all the people of Israel are like these bones. The people say, 'Our bones are dry, and our hope has vanished. We are completely destroyed.' 12So prophesy. Tell them, 'This is what the Almighty LORD says: My people, I will open your graves and take you out of them. I will bring you to Israel. 13Then, my people, you will know that I am the LORD, because I will open your graves and bring you out of your graves. 14I will put my Spirit in you, and you will live. I will place you in your own land. Then you will know that I, the LORD, have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.'"
Ezekiel 37:1-14 (GWT)

Right about this time last year, I came to a crossroads in my life.  I found myself at a big Christian conference, surrounded by thousands of people.  Most of them strangers, but some very close to me.  As I was listening to a sermon that was spoken by a man I've never met, the words touched something deep within my sub conscience, something that I realized I have been ignoring for some time.  If you asked me then and there if I believed that God could perform miracles, I would give you a fervent "Yes!".  If you asked me if I believed that God could perform miracles in my life, I would mutter a sad "No".  Somewhere in the hustle and bustle of life, in between high mountains and low valleys of my spiritual life, I realized I was slowly losing my faith.  Not my faith in God - I still believed He existed, and still believed His Word was the ultimate truth.  I still believed He was worthy of my praise, and I still gave Him credit for every breath I took.  I started losing my faith in Him rescuing me, helping me... the "me"  as in myself, an individual that has failed Him so much.  I stopped believing that there was a way out, that certain situations in my life had to stay the way they were.  I stopped believe He'd send a miracle my way.  As the preacher spoke, I started praying for a miracle.

He has sent a few miracles my way since, and the more I seek Him, the more I realize how much His love extends to the undeserving, to the unworthy, to the sad and the sorry, to the weak in spirit.  As I came across the above scripture today, I was reminded once again that my God is a miracle worker.  If your faith or soul or whatever it is that you're struggling to find is as dry bones, lifeless, and hopeless -- ask God for a miracle.  He is capable of working it out for you in ways you won't even imagine.  His ways may take out out of your comfort zone and following in them may be the hardest thing you'd ever had to do, but His love will carry you through.

Pray for a miracle, for your miracle.  Allow Him to breathe life into your hopeless situation.  And believe.  Just believe.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautifully written. You said this so eloquently and poignantly and I found it very encouraging. I'll be praying for my miracles. And may many more of yours come to life.

    ReplyDelete